Oil and Gas
The energy industry is a huge part of the South Texas economy. We have represented large and small landowners in dealing with oil and gas companies. Our representation has ranged from negotiating leases to litigation involving major oil and gas fields for both the landowners and energy companies. We represent clients in connection with:
- Leasing transactions
- Seismic and exploration agreements
- Investor business and transaction issues
- Lease litigation
- Employment and human resource issues, including executive employment separation, and employment litigation in federal and state court
- Entity organization, enterprise restructure and planning
- Contracts and business forms, technology agreements, licensing and joint operating agreements
- Commercial disputes and business litigation
- Trademark registration, competition and good protection issues
- Estate and business planning
- Water regulatory, development and transportation issues
- After litigation in state and federal court for our landowner client, an oil and gas company released one of the largest mineral leases in South Texas.
- Tried cessation of production case to a successful jury verdict for an energy company.
- Tried pipeline condemnation to commissioners.
- Negotiation of numerous mineral leases and seismic agreements.