Labor & Employment
Our attorneys provide advice, review policies and represent clients in all types of labor and employment related matters. When disputes are not resolved in the administrative phase, our attorneys represent our clients in state and federal courts and in private arbitration proceedings. We have also defended actions involving multiple plaintiffs, including actions in which the EEOC is a party.
Our experience also extends to claims for interference with contracts and prospective contracts, and breach of contract brought in the employment context.
Our attorneys have represented clients in employment related matters in such industries as petroleum, petrochemical, pipeline, banking, healthcare and utility. Our firm represents clients with matters pertaining to:
- Lead trial attorney in defense of six cases with six jury verdicts of no discrimination in State and Federal Court
- Lead trial attorney in defense of three Worker’s Compensation retaliation cases with jury finding of no retaliation
- Pretrial dismissal of national origin discrimination lawsuit for international company
- Dismissal of gender discrimination and sexual harassment claims against individual supervisor within 30 days of being retained in EEOC and individual plaintiff cases against multi-national corporation
- Prosecuted and defended covenants not to compete lawsuits, with successful results after injunction hearing
Alcoa Inc., Union Carbide Corporation, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A, Victoria Eye Center, P.A, Fastenal Company