Ronald B. Walker | Partner
Ron Walker is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and in Civil Trial Law. As an experienced litigator, Ron has successfully tried scores of trials to juries as well as before the Bench. Ron’s practice is active in many of the surrounding counties including, Calhoun, Jackson, Wharton, Refugio, Goliad, DeWitt, Gonzales and Lavaca. From nearby Refugio, Ron has practiced law in Victoria since 1974. His work concentrates in personal injury and civil jury trial practice, including general negligence, general commercial, oil and gas disputes, employment law, probate litigation, medical malpractice and toxic tort defenses.
Texas Lawyer, a weekly statewide legal publication, featured Ron as the “Most Skilled Defense Lawyer” in Victoria County, as rated by his peers. Comments about Ron included, “Ron’s been around Victoria for a number of years, and he’s got a very good relationship with the judiciary in Victoria and the surrounding counties. He has an excellent reputation.” This same article described him as “experienced, prepared, and an effective communicator with judges and juries, and a master of trial preparation.” Likewise, Thomson Reuters has named Ron as a Super Lawyer each year since 2003.
- Lead attorney defending major chemical company for personal injury arising out of explosion with over 1100 plaintiffs.
- Co-counsel for Fortune 100 company for groundwater contamination involving more than 1000 plaintiffs.
- Trial counsel in multiple death and personal injury medical malpractice cases for hospitals, physicians and nurses. Most recent defense verdict of no liability in death case involving nephrologist and clinic.
- Lead trial attorney in large estate against claim of common law marriage. Jury verdict in favor of his client.
- Lead counsel setting aside oil and gas lease involving large South Texas ranch.
- Lead trial attorney in defense of six cases involving various types of employment discrimination in state and federal court with six jury findings of no discrimination.
Admissions to Practice:
- U. S. District Courts, Texas
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Texas Association of Defense Council
- Director, Federal Bar Association, Southern District of Texas
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Federal Magistrate Merit Selection Panel
- Former Member of Advisory Committee for United States District Courts, Southern District of Texas
- Former Member Local Rules Committee of 13th Court of Appeals
- Former President Victoria County Bar Association
- Former Committee Chair of District 11C of State Bar Grievance Committee
- Director and Treasurer, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid
- Chair, Victoria College Board of Trustees
- Representative for the Southeast Texas Region on the board of the Community College
- Association of Texas Trustees (CCATT)
- Advisory Director, Wells Fargo, Victoria
- Former Director, Victoria Bank & Trust
- Secretary/Treasurer for Sandies Creek Wildlife Management Association
ABC News http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=6835645&page=1
March 23, 2009 interviewed in connection with defense of landowner
“Searching for Treasure Using Google Earth”
Texas Lawyer, October 29, 2007, “The Basics of Groundwater Contamination Claims”
St. Mary’s University School of Law CLE presentation, “How to Deal with Antagonism in the Courtroom”
State Bar of Texas, Legal Assistants Division, Paper & Seminar Presentation, “Expert Witnesses – Retaining & Examination”
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Trial
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Probate Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Toxic Tort
J. D. 1974
University of Texas School of Law
B. S. 1970
University of Texas at Austin
State Board of Legal Specialization, Personal Injury and Civil Trial Law